1) ME!!!! Okay - you'll find me on the High Street, but not the gift-wrapped versions of my books.
Every title is available - it will be signed to the person of your choice, with personal message if requested, come complete with a bookmark and is giftwrapped with miniature novelties: eg: tiny Miriam Stoppard books and Yorkshire Puddings for The Yorkshire Pudding Club, Midnight Moon romance books and teeny pack of bluebell seeds for The Birds and the Bees, passports and flipflops for Here Come The Girls, wedding dresses, clouds, classics, cakes and ice-creams, postards and mini brollies, bars of chocolates, even Daily Trumpets, wrestling posters and teapots. Then wrapped up in cellophane, beribboned, rosed and gift-tagged. All for £10, including postage. Please get in touch via my email address if you require one of these for Christmas or another special occasion.
I can also supply Roobies It's Raining Men umbrella earrings and leaf earrings with An Autumn Crush and Mr Bingley cat earrings (feel free to mix and match) for £18.00 (signed, wrapped and delivered).
Payment (cheque or paypal - please tell me which you would rather)
A sending address
Any personal message
Occasion - if any (as a guide to the decorations)
And if you want earrings with that, which sort and which colour if you are having the teapots (and brass or silver casing)
2) Roobies is a lovely handmade jewellery site. Ruth Hill makes the most beautiful gifts, many personalised with stamped plates (see my lovely bracelet) And as a price guide - the teapot earrings are only £6.95. There are some lovely gifts on the site - even personalised guitar plectrums, wine rings, keyrings for couples as well as bracelets and necklaces. AND IF YOU USE THE PROMO CODE : TEASHOP, you'll get 5% off.
3) The Literary Gift Company has fabulous gifts for book aficionados - like this writer's block scribble paper. Whether you like reading or writing - or both - take a look at their site full of book-related things: mugs, tee-shirts, post-cards
...even a personal library kit
4) I LOVE these bags from Novel Creations in the United States
You can customise the handles, add frills and feet and they are beautifully crafted - and the perfect gift someone who loves books and books (who doesn't).
5) Callula Glass were a real find. Joanne makes the most beautiful bespoke treasures and is a truly talented artist. Last year I had a drawing one of the kids had done of my mum years ago made into a drinks coaster - a totally unique stocking filler - which caused a great laugh (it wasn't a flattering picture!) It cost around £10.
AND here's a message from them... 'We would like to offer all Milly Johnson readers 10% discount on all products at www.dormouseandtheteapot.com just enter milly10 at checkout. Offer ends 1 Jan 2015. X'
7) Slurp. If your friends like a bit of the liquid stuff - this site have never let me down. Their products arrive on time and sturdily wrapped and they have some great offers and wines you won't find on the High Street... such as my favourite tipple PELLERS CUVEE ICE WINE. Sod champagne (unless it's offered, then I'll take it) - this stuff is THE best fizz.
..it's about £25.00 but it's a real treat :)
8) Barmy Bunting is the brainwave of local lass Eve (great Christmas name ;) who was only 14 when she set up her home-made bunting business - and now she hasn't got enough shelves in her house for all the awards she's won. A Christmas decoration you'll be able to use year after year after year (and they have some gorgeous Halloween and Birthday ones too)
9) How lucky can I get - having a friend who is an award winning chocolatier? My pal Fiona Sciolti makes THE most delish organic chocolates which are a total treat for those with a sweet-tooth. The BEST ingredients, no cheap short-cuts and they're such unusual flavours - and they arrive too good to eat (well, you think that for 5 minutes then dive in)
10) Might sound a crazy present - but it's a FABULOUS ONE! An OVEN CLEAN
I had a fellow from Barnsley in and he transformed mine to a shiny new one again. I thought at the time - what a fabulous pressy this would make for someone. I was absolutely delighted with the result.
11) Chris Rose Linacre makes some gorgeous jewellery using beads, pearls... even stone. Very unusual and singular. And her jewellery making blog is really interesting too and can be accessed from her website
12) And if you are looking for some Christmas cards AND want to help a charity too - my lovely charity Yorkshire Cat Rescue have some sweet cards in their online shop and obviously would welcome the donation to their funds. Thank you very much if you do. They're great friends of mine and have given me some wonderful pets over the years. The first one I got from them sadly died last year, aged nearly 21 :)
13) My friends at Embroidery and Print city in Barnsley have some fabulous personalised gifts for sale if you're looking for a stocking filler mug, hoodie, T-shirt... oh all sorts. Great quality and really lovely people to deal with.
14) Or what about a lovely vintage afternoon tea voucher at the lovely White Heart in Penistone - there are a few menus to choose from. Vintage crockery and lovely food in the most beautiful place.